Call for Proposals - Scientific Sessions
Do you have new research, insights, emerging trends, or innovative technologies other professionals would benefit from learning? Submit a proposal for consideration to present at IFT FIRST!
IFT FIRST means Food Improved by Research, Science and Technology. It is IFT's response to the transformative nature of the global food system. IFT FIRST is a place where professionals can discover the latest global trends, newest innovations, and cutting-edge solutions while making strategic connections to advance their business and careers. To showcase the best and most innovative science, the Call for Proposals aims to make life easier for the scientific community to showcase novel science and solutions that address major challenges facing the global food system.
In 2024, the IFT FIRST theme will be: Collaboration + Innovation: How Can Food Science and Technology Transform the Food System?
The deadline to submit a proposal is December 8, 2023 at 11:59pm Central Time. Submitters will receive a confirmation email containing a PDF copy of their proposal and a link to make final adjustments before the deadline.
- 2024 Theme & Guiding Questions
- IFT FIRST Educational Session Submission Guidelines
- Scientific Program Frequently Asked Questions
- Call for Individual Presentations Criteria Worksheet
- Call for Panelists Criteria Worksheet (updated 11/2/2023)
- Justification Letter
- Scientific Program Overview Video (coming soon)
- October 18, 2023: Call for Proposals & Call for Reviewers opens.
- December 8, 2023: Call for Proposals closes at 11:59pm CT.
- December 11, 2023 – January 3, 2024: Tier 1 Reviewers begin initial peer review to score proposals and identify high-quality, relevant sessions.
- December 13, 2023 – February 8, 2024: Annual Meeting Scientific Program Advisory Panel (AMSPAP) begin the Tier 2 review process and make final selection of accepted proposals.
- March 1, 2024: Submitters to be notified of the status of their proposals.
- July 14-17, 2024: IFT FIRST Annual Event and Expo!